Unless you work in the tech industry, the term ‘Managed Services’ can be something alien to you. But this business model might just be what your business needs.
What Are Managed IT Services?
Basically, Managed IT Services is a business model wherein the technology needs of a company are contracted out to a third-party provider, also known as a Managed Service Provider (MSP). If you are running a business and are swamped with numerous IT challenges and problems, Managed IT Support can help make your job easier without spending too much.
Managed Services can be defined in many ways. Here are some things you should know:
- With Managed IT Services, you can inject the expertise of seasoned IT professionals into your company without going through the arduous process of recruiting and hiring qualified IT staff.
- Managed IT Support is aimed to handle your business’ daily operations thereby giving your in-house IT time to focus on more important IT initiatives and your business’ core competencies.
- MSP charges a predictable set of fees for the maintenance of your IT infrastructure.
- MSP continuously monitors the efficiency of your IT network and equipment, and alerts you in case there are actual or potential issues.
- MSP implements measures that will ensure that your computer system doesn’t miss out on critical updates, fixes, and patches.
- MSP focuses on preventive maintenance rather than troubleshooting.
- MSP works remotely, although they can send in IT technicians in case the technical issue requires on-site troubleshooting.
- MSP provides 24/7 support for all your technical needs. Most MSPs use a ‘ticketing’ system to ensure timely and efficient delivery of service as well as to keep track of all service requests.
Working with a Managed IT Support Provider can help businesses address their pernicious IT challenges. Given its advantages, it’s not surprising why70 percent of enterprises prefer to outsource their IT needs.
Furthermore, as businesses become more dependent on technology, the global information technology market is estimated to grow at 4.0% in 2019, asreported by CompTIA. It also forecasted the global managed services market to grow to $193B by 2019.
How does Managed IT Support work?
As web development experts at Miropoint explain, using managed services does not mean giving up the company’s full control and responsibility for its IT operations. It is a strategic service delivery model wherein the company can choose to retain some operations in-house while outsourcing specified tasks or projects to an MSP. The organic IT team works alongside the MSP to determine the best solutions and approaches to the IT needs of the business.
Once an MSP is contracted, they will assess and review the organization’s present IT system, needs, and culture. They will then map out a plan that will help improve efficiency, minimize costs and lower risks.
MSP is typically assigned the most complex, time-consuming, and repetitive tasks. Aside from the daily upkeep of the IT system, they also ensure on-going maintenance and support. Technicians from a managed IT support company, PreciseIT.tech, have noted a steady growth in the number of companies and organizations they’re working with.
What are the benefits of Managed IT Services?
Wondering why so many businesses are taking out Managed IT Services? Here are some of the benefits a business gains when using an MSP.
- Improved network and data security
- Faster and more efficient maintenance of IT issues
- Access to up-to-date technologies and solutions
- Reduce IT manpower costs, especially for experienced IT professionals
- Lessen overall IT costs, associated with unwanted breakdowns
- Ensure continuous, uninterrupted IT system and flow of service
- Stay focused on core business aspects
- Minimize the workload of IT staff
- Reduce IT risk
- Ensure compliance with standards and best practices
By outsourcing IT support services, a business can ensure efficient operations, increased productivity and improved competitiveness. It can free up valuable resources and enable your business to focus on more essential matters, ultimately ensuring business success. With more free time, you can focus on improving products and services, boosting marketing efforts, and enhancing customer relations.
If you haven’t started using Managed IT Support, the thought of switching to this new business model and hiring outside professionals may seem daunting. However, you should look at Managed Services as an opportunity to gain access to the IT team’s combined experience and a chance to learn, grow and develop. All of these are vital if you want continuous success for your business.